Hi there!

I'd like to use a Samsung GT-B3740 USB LTE modem together with OpenWRT.

I assume that the modem isn't supported yet by OpenWRT because it requires
the "kalmia" kernel module which I couldn't find in the OpenWRT sources.

The "kalmia" driver can be found here:
https://github.com/mkotsbak/Samsung-GT-B3730-linux-driver
It was written based on reverse engineering efforts of the Samsung driver
for Windows.

It looks like the "kalmia" driver is part of the Linux kernel since version
3.0. It uses the WWAN subsystem to establish a connection.

If you think the modem should already be supported, how should I test this
/ which OpenWRT version should I use? I have a TP-Link TL-WR1043ND
available to get the modem up and running.

If it isn't supported yet: Can you please help me to add support for it to
OpenWRT?

Please tell me if this isn't the right mailing list to discuss such things.

Thank you!
Michael