On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 12:37 AM, Hannu Nyman <hannu.ny...@iki.fi> wrote:
>> However the thing that bothers me more than 'nut' failing, is the fact
>> that it is _not_ selected in my .config. What would be causing it to build?
>> If I uninstall the package (./scripts/feeds uninstall nut) my build succeeds
>> fine.
>
> I think that the reason is badly implemented nut support in Luci statistics
> (=collectd).
>
> When nut module was re-added to collectd by r34830 in Dec2012, it was not
> placed with a conditional dependency on the user's interest for nut support,
> instead the nut support gets always built in and apparently requires the
> underlying nut to be built also.
>
> See "nut,nut" at the end of line 286 of
> feeds/packages/utils/collectd/Makefile:
> $(eval $(call BuildPlugin,nut,UPS monitoring input,nut,nut))
>
> All other collectd optionals with requirement of additional software, have
> options enabling users to select/deselect the collectd module, but nut
> support is always included in collectd regardless of the user's interest.
> (It is not even visible in menuconfig as collectd's optional module.)
>
> http://nbd.name/gitweb.cgi?p=packages.git;a=commitdiff;h=7442b49d058e26c00ad1d0821a643b960cc9657a
>
> http://nbd.name/gitweb.cgi?p=packages.git;a=blobdiff;f=utils/collectd/Makefile;h=6e609b03162243d452cd55a9c52df03efca4fca1;hp=413ff8447d2f9439260c2f6bd8e2d264f4c65bba;hb=7442b49d058e26c00ad1d0821a643b960cc9657a;hpb=f25cbf8117600f9837172f4d2afbdbb0ccb9b560

Hannu,

Thank you for figuring that out!  I've submitted a patch to make nut
conditional.  I'm still not clear how to fix nut so it can find libusb
- there is likely a patch needed to its autoconf files I suppose.

I wonder, for future reference what is the best way to determine what
is causing a package to be built?  I grepped DEPENDS from all
Makefiles looking for nut and of course came up empty.

Thanks,

Tim