Hi,

On Tue, Apr 08, 2014 at 08:22:45AM +0200, Steven Barth wrote:
> i find it very strange that your ISP doesn't offer public addresses on
> the WAN interface however I think this is actually standards compliant
> so we have to deal with it.

It's called "IPv4 exhaustion"...  DS-Lite is one of the way to deal
with it (which effectively gives you "only one NAT in the path"), the
other way is "hand out RFC1918 or 100.64.* addresses and double-NAT".

Both stinks, but unless someone finds another few billion IPv4 addresses
somewhere, this is what large scale providers need to do.

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        g...@net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de