>    I'm not sure if I can adequately address all of your concerns, but I
> may be able to clear up some confusion.

It seems that there was no confusion at all.  The problem is that
Belkin/Linksys lied about its involvement with the OpenWRT community and
what you're saying confirms it.

The reaction here is rather hostile for that reason.  The OpenWRT
community would actually be thrilled to help along, if Linksys gave it
the opportunity.  But marketing lies compounded with wording that makes
it sound like the problem is all on OpenWRT's side doesn't help with
the collaboration.

Of course, the hostile reaction here doesn't help with that
collaboration either, but it's due in large part to the disappointment.

So I suggest to start over: have the marketing department fix those
lies, then send some patches over here in manageable chunks, and send
some sample units to some of the key developers, maybe make a public Git
branch for the ongoing "not yet integrated" effort.

On the other side, the OpenWRT can then show its pleasure by
incorporating some of those patches, and maybe publicize the
collaboration on its home page.

        Stefan