On 5/30/14, 2:50 PM, jonsm...@gmail.com wrote:
> I have this patch I wrote a year ago that fixed the broken Ethernet
> switch on the AWM002. I've forgotten exactly what I was trying to do.
> For some reason the switch was not getting programmed by default.
>
> What is up with this bit? Why did I need to change it?
> - if [ -n "${RT3X5X}" ]; then
> + if [ "${RT3X5X}" ]; then

I don't think there is any difference.  From "test" man page (OS X):

     string        True if string is not the null string.
     -n string     True if the length of string is nonzero.

"null string" == "empty string"

Quick test (AA 12.09, busybox 1.19.4-6):

# X=abc ; if [ -n "$X" ] ; then echo true ; else echo false ; fi ; if [
"$X" ] ; then echo true ; else echo false ; fi
true
true
# X= ; if [ -n "$X" ] ; then echo true ; else echo false ; fi ; if [
"$X" ] ; then echo true ; else echo false ; fi
false
false
# unset X ; if [ -n "$X" ] ; then echo true ; else echo false ; fi ; if

--
-Justin
justinval...@gmail.com