On 1 June 2014 10:06, bjzhougong <bjzhoug...@126.com> wrote:
> Hi guys!
>
> Thanks for your help!
>
>>>If we cannot find a way to prevent the idle timeout from being
>>>triggered at the remote side, the following 2 solutions worth a try.
>
>>>- Use the dial on-demand feature of pppd by adding an option like `demand
>>> 550`.
> Zhou, Would you please tell me why use on-demand feature? and it can follow
> with number for demand option?

If the Internet service is charged by connection time, dial on-demand
can help save some money as netifd will try to keep all the managed
interfaces up.  The `demand 550` is supposed to be part of OpenWrt UCI
config, which will be expand by `/lib/netifd/proto/ppp.sh`.

        if [ "${demand:-0}" -gt 0 ]; then
                demand="precompiled-active-filter /etc/ppp/filter
demand idle $demand"
        else
                demand="persist"
        fi