> On 14/06/2014 23:08, José Vázquez wrote:
>> The main problem with the wifi in the Lantiq target are the ARV
>> boards: a lot of people, John included, spent a lot of time an
>> still there are some problems, as you see.
>
> bollocks .. i never spent any time on that code. i don't even have the
> boards so i cannot test which is why its most likely why its broken.
> if people had spend that much time on the code it would be woring and
> not ugly and broken.
>
> as for the patches you sent, they were not merged because they are a
> big pile of copy pasta churn that adds lots of redundancy and
> duplication. it would make the code even uglier than it is now.

You are right: those patches had a lot of redundant code. I will take
more care next time, but the original code was not mine.
I have a question flying around my head: why nobody realized, apart of
you, the potential problems of those patches and the redundant code,
and told something to improve them?

My apologies:

José Vázquez