Hi Dirk,

thanks for your help. I'll try to add some more documentation for the IPv6 stuff in the near future.

In general the aim is to make stuff comply with RFC 7084 (successor of 6204) as closely as possible (with only 1 or 2 exceptions on purpose). In general I'm not sure if anyone has really done a full interop test to check for compliance with RFCs, though it would be nice if someone volunteers. My work has been more on a best-effort basis for now. Though some of the OpenWrt people work closely together with various ISPs so there are some interoperability tests running and some ISPs even have provided some information or patches to make OpenWrt work with their glitches. That doesn't necessarily aid in RFC compliance though ;)

Regarding firewalling: I understand and support your point for end-to-end connectivity though there are still quite a few people (including myself) who have reservations about the security implications. I don't think it makes sense to change the defaults for BB at this point, that would be totally unexpected and hastily. And I don't really agree with some of the opinions like "users will get used to end-to-end IPv6" - in my experience users don't even know what IPv6 is and does. Nevertheless we should have a discussion about this for CC probably and I will try to get some more opinions also in the light of IETF 90 being next week.

Cheers,

Steven