Citeren Steven Barth <cy...@openwrt.org>:

Hello Arjen,

most likely, your DHCPv6 client implementation is faulty and you should probably file a bug for more than one reason.

In that case, I have a lot of bug reports to file, because none of the DHCPv6 clients I tried were happy with preferred lifetimes of 1 second on their leases (which includes Windows 7, 8.1 and openSUSE 13.2). Removing lines

813     if (!a->accept_reconf && iface->managed < RELAYD_MANAGED_NO_AFLAG &&
814                     addrs[i].prefix == 64)
815             n.preferred = htonl(1);

and all were good again. I'm still looking for why setting a preferred lifetime of 1 second is not going to render the IPv6 address that is provided in the reply by odhcpd useless.

If the DHCPv6 server sends values for T1 and / or T2 which are valid the client must honor them and not try to be "smart" about lifetimes of addresses.

I'm not sure if preferred lifetime < T1 and/or T2 is expected behavior of the DHCPv6 server. One second after receiving the address, clients can't use the address for new connections, but also can't renew (until T1) or rebind (until T2). And that's precisely what I'm seeing here. Note that the continuous renewals were only with the first patch applied, for the most recent version of odhcpd the clients will just give up on the DHCPv6 address after one second and use SLAAC instead. But this is not what I want (and I can't switch off SLAAC either, since I have also clients to support which don't do DHCPv6).

Besides you also get addresses with higher values for preferred lifetime using RAs so you always have usable IPv6 addresses, so if your network-manager / OS behaves sanely you shouldn't have any issues.

They don't have an issue with IPv6 connectivity, its the source address that is used *I* have a problem with.

A work-around for this is setting:
option ra_management 0
in the lan-section of /etc/config/dhcp which will cause most clients to not use DHCPv6 and rely on RAs only.

This is not an option, as the whole purpose of using DHCPv6 for address configuration is to give clients a fixed IPv6 address. This has worked correctly since Barrier Breaker was released, I see no reason why it no longer should.