Hello,

I'm playing with OpenWRT for a new platform and have a question on
how OpenWRT handles KCONFIG kernel options.

For example I select "KernelPackage/crypto-core" in OpenWRT's menuconfig
then KCONFIG is populated with:
------------------>8--------------------
CONFIG_CRYPTO=y
CONFIG_CRYPTO_HW=y
CONFIG_CRYPTO_BLKCIPHER
CONFIG_CRYPTO_ALGAPI
------------------>8--------------------

>From what I may see from grepping through OpenWRT that KCONFIG value
is only used to determine if those options are enabled in kernel configuration
but not for force selection of options in kernel.

In other words if I want to get crypto core built I need to make sure first
that in my say "target/linux/board/config-4.1" options mentioned above are
enabled. Is that observation correct?

I'm asking because my initial assumption was I need to provide a minimal
kernel configuration in "target/linux/board/config-4.1" and then on
selection of kmods in OpenWRT's menuconfig missing config options
will be automatically added in kernel config.

But apparently no options are auto-enabled because I'm seeing that kind
of build failure if CONFIG_CRYPTO_BLKCIPHER is not explicitly set in my
kernel config:
NOTICE: module 'xxx/openwrt/build_dir/target-yyy/linux-zzz/linux
-4.1.3/crypto/crypto_algapi.ko' is built-in.
ERROR: module 'xxx/openwrt/build_dir/target-yyy/linux-zzz/linux
-4.1.3/crypto/crypto_blkcipher.ko' is missing.
modules/crypto.mk:30: recipe for target 'xxx/openwrt/bin/axs10x
-uClibc/packages/base/kmod-crypto-core_4.1.3-1_axs10x.ipk' failed
make[3]: *** [xxx/openwrt/bin/axs10x
-uClibc/packages/base/kmod-crypto-core_4.1.3-1_axs10x.ipk] Error 1