consistent and convenient.

Best regards,
Daniel

On 2018-08-27 16:54, Levente wrote:
Can someone explain what is this all about? Why the default IP address
is a problem? As far as I understand the router would use DHCP to get
an IP address. Then a DHCP server is mandatory on the network?

Thanks,
Levente
On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 4:01 PM Alberto Bursi <bobafetthotm...@gmail.com> wrote:

On 8/27/2018 12:37 PM, Daniel Engberg wrote:
> As per request,
>
> Fine as long as we fix mdns in some way?
>
> https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/pull/1062
>
> Not subscribed, so CC
>
> Best regards,
> Daniel Engberg

it's either mdns installed by default + dhcp so people can reach the
device by

writing "OpenWrt.local" or something in the browser or it has to stay
static IP.

Just going to DHCP without any other easy mean to reach the device will
only be annoying.

Devices with a single port and low flash can stay with static IP to save
space imho.

-Alberto