Hello Daniel,

Answers inline.

W dniu 2018-09-12 o 04:24, Daniel F. Dickinson pisze:
Hi,

I'm having trouble finding a concise summary of what is the policy for using multiple leds for boot/failsafe, etc status (in this case updating CAP324 to use both colours of the 'power' led, now that such logic in in ath79 tree).

Also are leds supposed to be named according to manufacturer or according to model number (presuming that for ath79 we don't care about using the same led names as for ar71xx)?
IIRC most targets use same names as for ar71xx. I'd go and review a few other device trees for supported devices and check  that, to maintain consistency across the target.

Also pursuant to https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/pull/1062 should CAP324 be DHCP or a static IP on it's only wired interface?  (It's an AP).
Since no decision regarding that PR was made by maintainers yet, I believe the old policy is still in effect. I don't think that your changes should depend on this one, and IMHO consistency is more important here.

Regards,

Daniel

With kind regards,
Lech