Has this discussion gone anywhere ?

Are we keeping LEDE 17.01 for a little while under these conditions or not ?

Regards
Fernando

On 12/11/2018 18:57, Fernando Frediani wrote:
Totally agree with Luiz. That was the idea behind this proposal and you managed to even easier words.

Alberto, the tiny subtarget you mentioned doesn't really seem to run well or stably for 18.06 on many of these devices regardless the flash size, that's the main point. As mentioned there are many new devices still coming with 32MB of RAM and which can take benefit of OpenWrt for various reasons and usages.

I think for many of us here are completely fine to put some extra cash and buy a newer hardware to cope with OpenWrt evolution but the reality is that majority of people are not. Another example I wanted to put to illustrate is an ISP that has thousands of existing devices with similar specs running, being still able to keep using OpenWrt more securely while they start to introduce newer hardware to their customer base allowing to make a more smooth transition to these more powerful hardware.

Regards
Fernando