On 2018-12-27 08:50, rosys...@rosinson.com wrote:
I added a while loop in samba.hotplug to solve the problem.
The loop will stop until the file */overlay/.fs_state* is equal to "2" which indicates the filesystem is ready for everything.
This really works fine for me.

OK, apparently we're talking about some different issues.

By default (e.g. after "firstboot") fstools won't mount any external
drives because:
1) fstab.@global[0].anon_mount is 0 by default
2) there won't be any mount entries in the /etc/config/fstab

So the chain looks like that:
1) fstools (block-mount / blockd) doen't mount anything
2) there is no "mount" hotplug.d event
3) /etc/hotplug.d/mount/60-samba doesn't get called

What your are describing doesn't sound like related to the above
problem. So please explain that issue you are seeing/fixing.