> > Note that you also have to update to DEVICE_VENDOR/DEVICE_MODEL syntax ...
> I don't quite get it. Where is this syntax?

Here:

> +define Device/netgear_wndr3800ch
> +  $(Device/netgear_wndr3800)
> +  DEVICE_TITLE := NETGEAR WNDR3800 (Ch)
> +  NETGEAR_BOARD_ID := WNDR3800CH
> +  SUPPORTED_DEVICES += wndr3800ch
> +endef
> +TARGET_DEVICES += netgear_wndr3800ch

Instead of DEVICE_TITLE, use DEVICE_VENDOR/DEVICE_MODEL.
In this particular case, DEVICE_VENDOR is already inherited from a parent
definition, so you only need DEVICE_MODEL.

However, having looked at this another time:

Please do not inherit one device from another. Use common definitions to
inherit from.
In this particular case, it will be easiest to just copy the definitions from
wndr3800 (and thus inherit from wndr3x00). I don't think it's worth creating
another shared definition because of the remaining 3 duplicate lines.

Best

Adrian