The sender domain has a DMARC Reject/Quarantine policy which disallows
sending mailing list messages using the original "From" header.

To mitigate this problem, the original message has been wrapped
automatically by the mailing list software.
--- Begin Message ---
Hi Paul,

On Mon, Jan 13, 2020 at 9:13 AM Paul Spooren <m...@aparcar.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 1/12/20 1:05 PM, Martin Blumenstingl wrote:
> > Hi Paul,
> >
> > On Sun, Jan 12, 2020 at 10:47 PM Paul Spooren <m...@aparcar.org> wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> some time ago I created a (now outdated) device overview[0] based on
> >> YAML meta data. This approach could simplify maintaining an device
> >> overview and device specific pages[1].
> >>
> >> All commits adding new devices already include most relevant information
> >> for creating the overview. However it would be convenient if developers
> >> would format their commit messages in a generic format, therefore I'd
> >> propose the following:
> >>
> >> Every commit message for newly added devices must contain a number of
> >> hardware information and steps for an initial installation.
> >> The hardware information should contain at least the following
> >> information, maybe more:
> >>
> >> SoC, flash, ram, wifi, LEDs, buttons, USB, serial, vendor, model, device
> >> tree ID, Ethernet ports
> > can we automate this somehow?
> > the device tree files already contain most of that information.
>
> If you have a tool to extract such data or ideas on how to create such,
> that'd be great.
I don't have such a tool
my idea was that most of the data is already available in the .dts
files (or .dtb files, I haven't really thought about the
up-/downsides):
- SoC
- flash size
- RAM size
- (wifi can be detected on some devices where wifi is either part of
the SoC or the PCI(e) wifi chip is described in the .dts)
- buttons
- serial console (existence of such)
- model
- Ethernet ports
- USB controller(s)

this data can be parsed periodically to ensure that the TOH is
up-to-date, for example if a missing LED is added after the initial
submission of the device.
there are probably downsides when going this route, but I have not
thought these through yet (because I don't have time to implement a
tool which would do the parsing)

> As an alternative I could also create a shell script that extracts data
> on a running machine, but that might miss some details.
that would be another solution
the downside I see compared to .dts/.dtb parsing is that you need
access to the device to update the TOH. but I don't know whether this
is relevant for the use-case that we're discussing

Martin

--- End Message ---