On 16/04/20 01:16, Joel Wirāmu Pauling wrote:
Related;

would be nice to have a supported atomic update method (rollforward/back) and/or adapt sysupgrade/opkg to cope with full sys-upgrade style opperation.

Fedora CoreOS and OSTree may be a possible inspiration point. Either way I am getting tired of need to have to stand up a new VM - clone config/opkg update and then switch over from running VM as being the only decent way of doing sysupgrades on x86 targets.

-Joel

I've been doing normal sysupgrades for a long while on x86 with squashfs images. I think the only problematic sysupgrades on x86 are on ext4 images, and there is really no reason to use them imho.

-Alberto