On So, Jan 10, 2021 at 22:40, Sven Roederer <devel-s...@geroedel.de> wrote:
Am Sonntag, 10. Januar 2021, 09:47:27 CET schrieb Andre Heider:
> Same. I would personally like this as default sysupgrade procedure, as
 > that's what makes most sense imho.
 > If I have disabled a service it makes sense that after a firmware
 > upgrade it remains disabled.

 Seconded.

 Use case: Two identical routers for which I build a single image
including all the packages I required. One has a workround to disable dnsmasq in rc.local, because it's always enabled after a sysupgrade and acts as a additional interfering dhcp server (I can probably configure
 it otherwise, but I don't require that instance at all).

That's quite the situation we have here with our common images. Users during initial setup getting some services disabled based on their choices. As the services shall remain inside the image (reconfiguration) the services-state
should be kept.

Sven

Do you have a follow up patch that does the service disabling after a reboot? I'd be curious about the implementation.

I'm in favor to have this by default unless disabled via -n. It's certainly less "invasive" than an automatic `opkg reinstall packages` step.