Where there changes to other targets? Can we just do a hybrid release at this point?

Best,
Paul

On Fri, Nov 20, 2020 at 16:39, Adrian Schmutzler <m...@adrianschmutzler.de> wrote:
Hi,

 -----Original Message-----
 From: openwrt-devel [mailto:openwrt-devel-boun...@lists.openwrt.org]
 On Behalf Of Paul Spooren
 Sent: Freitag, 20. November 2020 01:36
 To: openwrt-devel@lists.openwrt.org
 Subject: 20.xx: state of the DSA

 Hi all,

DSA (Distributed Switch Architecture)[0] is a main feature of 20.xx and one of the last blockers for a branch. The goal states[1] support where possible, not
 necessarily every target.

since we discuss this in the context of the next stable release, I don't think the focus should be on which targets are supported and which are not.
20.xx/21.xx will be a mixed release in that context.

Our main interest should be to clarify what needs to be done in order to release DSA with proper support (on the platforms that already have it), and then get these things done quickly.

Best

Adrian

This mail thread should be used to get an overview of the missing bits.

The following targets seem use `swconfig`, should/can they be ported?
 Please post states and links to work in progress migrations:

 * apm821xx/nand
 * ath25
 * ath79
 * bcm47xx
 * bcm53xx
 * bcm63xx
 * ipq40xx
 * ipq806x
 * kirkwood
 * lantiq/xrx200
 * lantiq/xway
 * lantiq/xway_legacy
 * mediatek
 * mpc85xx
 * ramips/mt7620
 * ramips/mt76x8
 * ramips/rt288x
 * ramips/rt305x
 * ramips/rt3883

All other targets can be considered as DSA targets? If you're working or
 testing around that, please comment and share the status.

 LuCI support is added via a PR[2] on GitHub.

 Best,
 Paul

 [0]: https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/networking/dsa/dsa.html
 [1]: https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-developer/releases/goals/20.xx