On 8/31/20 10:51 PM, Rosen Penev wrote:

On Aug 31, 2020, at 9:41 AM, Hauke Mehrtens <ha...@hauke-m.de> wrote:

On 8/31/20 11:35 AM, Petr Štetiar wrote:
Rosen Penev <ros...@gmail.com> [2020-08-31 02:06:50]:

I compile with target GCC 10, not host.

Then as you can see its probably some issue with GCC 10 for that target (which
one is that?) or something like that, because I'm not able to trigger that
with my GCC 10. Your proposed fix seems not correct as well, as blob_name is
`const char*`, so I don't see a point of replacing strncpy with memcpy just to
silence (most likely) bogus compiler error. If it's not false positive, then
it needs to be fixed properly, not silenced by memcpy usage.

-- ynezz

Hi,

I am seeing the same error when compiling for the lantiq target (big
endian MIPS) with GCC 10.2.0 on current master.

Kevin already did a change in this part of the code to fix a compile
problem with GCC 10 on x86_64:
https://git.openwrt.org/?p=project/mdnsd.git;a=commitdiff;h=eadfa26a5cf31e27f551c37c1362983e9db37c4d
This commit is in master.
Yes. But it fails on mips and mvebu.

I see this problem also on MIPS malte 32 BE, but not on Armvirt 64.
It looks like this only happens on 32 bit targets.

I also tried the recent GCC 10.3.0-RC-20210401 and it shows the same problem.

For me this also looks like a compiler error, but we probably need a workaround for it.

Hauke