On Tue, 6 Jul 2021, Tom Psyborg wrote:

Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2021 11:37:15
From: Tom Psyborg <pozega.tomis...@gmail.com>
To: Enrico Mioso <mrkiko...@gmail.com>
Cc: Paul Spooren <m...@aparcar.org>,
    OpenWrt Development List <openwrt-devel@lists.openwrt.org>
Subject: Re: Enabling Wi-Fi on First boot

It's been discussed multiple times already. There is no need for additional
scripts as you can tweak it in main WiFi script. Search the forums

Hello there!!

I was hoping for a solution that would get integrated into the upstream project.
Various tweaks are possible, but I was hoping for something as generic as
possible.

Thanks!

Enrico
On Tue, Jul 6, 2021, 09:14 Enrico Mioso <mrkiko...@gmail.com> wrote:

      On Mon, 5 Jul 2021, Paul Spooren wrote:

      > Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2021 09:06:14
      > From: Paul Spooren <m...@aparcar.org>
      > To: Enrico Mioso <mrkiko...@gmail.com>, openwrt-devel@lists.openwrt.org
      > Subject: Re: Enabling Wi-Fi on First boot
      >

      > On 7/5/21 8:45 PM, Enrico Mioso wrote:
      >> Hello all!!
      >>
      >> I would like to know your opinion on a topic I know has already been
      >> discussed: enabling Wi-Fi on first boot.
      >> I would very very much like to see this feature present in OpenWRt:
because
      >> I find myself in a scenario where plugging an Ethernet cable after a
fresh
      >> sysupgrade without keeping settings (due a a major upgrade or just to
      >> "start clean") could be impractical.
      > I think you can add uci-default scripts to enable it or do you want a
config
      > option during build time?

      Hello Paul!!

      Well, I tought about uci-defaults, but I tough it won't be so easy to
implement due to the fact Wi-Fi is probed asynchronously, and on some devices i
saw it takes a little bit (Netgear R7800).
      I would have liked to have something already implemented in OpenWRt, so
it could be looked at by more people and have much higher chances of working on
all devices.

      Enrico

      >> From an implementation perspective, I don't think this feature needs
to be
      >> present on images we build with builtbots, nor official images at all.
It