Hi Petr,

On 29.03.2022 12:55, Petr Štetiar wrote:
Piotr Dymacz <pep...@gmail.com> [2022-03-29 10:10:00]:

Hi,

It seems I've been misusing 'target' for a long time and now I'm trying to
understand how this leads to the same behavior as 'platform' :)

comments right above that code states following:

  # defaults to subtarget if subtarget exists and target does not
  # defaults to target otherwise

Should we maybe make 'target' as a valid value?

It's consumed by developers, so I wouldn't waste time and complicate the code
with such band aids for wrong documentation, I would simply fix the
documentation instead.

My suggestion was only about keeping things with reality. Even the comments above, in the code you mentioned, refer to 'target' and 'subtarget', not 'platform'.

I might be simply wrong here but I believe most of us refer to 'target', not 'platform' these days. That was the reason for my idea about '{subtarget_}target', while keeping backward compatibility with the 'platform' but I'm really fine keeping it this way and fixing Wiki.

btw, CONFIG_TARGET=platform|subtarget|env was introduced in2011, in caf4747f0c.

--
Cheers,
Piotr