Quoting me and Luiz's message.

On 9.01.2023 05:17, Luiz Angelo Daros de Luca wrote:
Hi Arınç,

Is it possible to create a root filesystem archive?

CONFIG_TARGET_ROOTFS_TARGZ ?

Ah, of course. Thanks.

OpenWrt filesystem hasn’t got /init. I get this error when I link the
filesystem with the kernel.

[    3.495199] List of all partitions:
[    3.498698] No filesystem could mount root, tried:
[    3.498706]
[    3.505060] Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on
unknown-block(0,0)
[    3.513308] ---[ end Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root
fs on unknown-block(0,0) ]---

Configuring CONFIG_DEFAULT_INIT to /sbin/init on kernel or adding
init=/sbin/init to kernel command line surprisingly won’t change anything. So I
put this as /init. Now it boots fine.

#!/bin/sh
exec /sbin/init "$@"

Is there a directory
where the final filesystem is extracted before turned to a squashfs image?

build_dir/target-mipsel_24kc_musl/root-ramips/ ?

I know there's buildroot for this but I want to use LuCI, buildroot
seems to only have uci.

BTW, I'm working back with rtl8365mb driver. I implemented forwarding
offload and mtu change but it breaks vlan security. We need a proper
vlan support before the HW does the forwarding. I'm working on that
right now.

Hey that's great! Not to put more work on you but could you take a look at
supporting the BR_ISOLATED port flag once you're done? My folks did some work
messing with the port matrix on mt7530.c to support port isolation for DSA
interfaces on MT7530 and MT7531 switches.

Arınç