Hi Daniel,
Hi Petr,

On 11/13/23 21:49, Daniel Golle wrote:
On Mon, Nov 13, 2023 at 07:54:34PM +0000, Petr Štetiar wrote:
Paul Spooren <m...@aparcar.org> [2023-11-13 13:30:10]:

Hi,

How about we follow the approach of Alpine Linux[1] and offer a standard, an
extended and a virtual firmware for the x86/64 target?

FYI that pull request added 27 firmware ASIC blobs, thus increased x86/64
image from 10 MiB to 41 MiB, but actually just 1 firmware ASIC blob
mlxsw_spectrum-13.2010.1006.mfa2 (1.6MiB) is needed, so I would instead
recommend to
fix that mlx firmware package and call it a day?

Thanks for pointing this out, increasing the default image by 1.6MiB is
bearable on x86 and that alone does not justify the introduction of
device specific images imho.

Sounds reasonable to me, regardless of how we want to
proceed with the x64 target in general.

Is there already a patch series / PR in the works?
Otherwise, I'd look into that.

Best
David