The sender domain has a DMARC Reject/Quarantine policy which disallows
sending mailing list messages using the original "From" header.

To mitigate this problem, the original message has been wrapped
automatically by the mailing list software.
--- Begin Message ---

... * should a good library do error-checking for the caller, ...
Of course. In my old days (I wrote my first machine code more than half a
century ago) it was a basic requirement, that every software module/function
has to be self contained, not doing any assumption regarding external
environment. Which also includes internal validity checks.
It is a pity, to read your statistics regarding so many exploits to be
discovered because of wrong or even missing validity checks.
Looks like, old principles are forgotten.

Cheers,
Augustus

--- End Message ---