On 10.01.24 12:17, Robert Marko wrote:
Along with a well designed minimalistic case with sufficient passive
cooling and optional integrated antennas.  Thinking something along the
Flirc RPi4 cases, using the case itself as a cooler. With half the case
radio transparent and a choice between antenna pigtails and integrated
antennas.  I realize that such a case will be relatively expensive. But
without it all you have is yet another midrange dev board.  This is your
chance to make a device which shouts "OpenWrt!!!" whenever someone sees
it. Just like the original WRT did.  Not that that design was something
to brag about beauty wise :-)
I also think we should should have a pre-assembled-with-case-and-antennas
option in addition to just offering the plain board.
I think this is crucial for any OpenWrt board, as that is where the
biggest audience is.

Regards,
Robert

yes, there should be 2 SKUs.

* raw PCB

* fully assembled inside case

SFC emphasized that they think having a fully assembled option is crucial in their opinion.

regarding having a fancy and flashy plastic case. Would have loved to see that happen, but the lead time for mould casting is insane as well as the cost, specifically for small production runs. hence the choice for re-using something that already exists.

    John