The sender domain has a DMARC Reject/Quarantine policy which disallows
sending mailing list messages using the original "From" header.

To mitigate this problem, the original message has been wrapped
automatically by the mailing list software.
--- Begin Message ---
Am 13. März 2024 05:11:23 MEZ schrieb Elliott Mitchell <ehem+open...@m5p.com>:
>I must challenge this.  If patches via the mailing list were accepted,
>then we should see things sent to the mailing list getting into the
>repository.  Yet many patches get no attention.  Some get reviews from
>various people, yet then never get into the main repository.

It's the same for Github, some stuff doesn't get in and remains there. There
might be a difference what kind of PRs are send to the mailing list and you get
attention of different committers when sending to mailing list vs sending to
Github. Github patches might be accepted more easily when it's just a new
device for a well established target.

I feel like patches on the mailing list are ignored, when committers don't have
time for review or don't feel confident enough to do it well (not their field
of expertise). Or if it's written in a language they don't feel confident
reviewing.

In the end it's up to one committer to do the merge. If Noone replies, then
that doesn't happen and the patch will only collect dust.

Yes, that might be stupid if there was no critical comment on a patch but that
is how it currently appears to be. This is still voluntary work and people
choose themselves what to spend time on.

I realize this is not a satisfying answer.
I won't comment on how your code was used as a base for the script earlier this
year. I'm not involved enough in the project to handle this. Regardless of
copyright (since I'm just a layman): people didn't tell you about it or
mentioned you in the commit that was merged. On a social level that was not
okay, that is all I can say. I'm sure Noone meant harm but still: Noone thought
about consequences.

I cc-ed Olliver to let him know about this mail thread.

Regards
Felix Baumann

--- End Message ---