My 2 cent on the problem of permitting nick is that if we accept that,
some funny guy might use nickname like "ExtraHardCockSucker"
and we wouldn't have anything to say about it and have to accept
it if the contribution is correct.

Using Real name prevents that (on 99% of the case)
Examples of the case are (quoting an italian name)
"Antonio Bocchino" where bocchino means in italian blowjob...
It's a funny surname but still less worse than "UltraBoobsLover" kind.

Other project even use an entire google form to make user sign DCO
and insert all kind of info.

Even though humour is good, nobody is advocating this, nor have I seen it in the wild. Allowing nicks does not mean that all have to be allowed. Exercise judgement and common sense.