Hi,

> The CLCA documentation https://github.com/openxpki/clca specifies to use the
> nCipher & Gemalto HSM as follows.
>
> # Define crypto engine to use. Supported values are
> # openssl   - OpenSSL software only (private keys stored on disk)
> # chil      - nCipher hardware
> # gem       - Gemalto Safenet Luna SA hardware
>
> How can we configure the CLCA to use YubiHSM?

- determine how the YubiHSM can be used with OpenSSL
- identify the correct engine to use (likely pkcs11 with the YubiHSM2)
- identify the correct key reference to use via PKCS#11

Craft a proper openssl.cnf file for your setup.
Set ENGINE to the correct engine
Set ROOTKEYNAME to the correct key identifier

> Furthermore, there is no detailed documentation is available for the
> configuration of CLCA from scratch. Kindly share, please.

The Open Source version of clca is documented in a way that allows skilled IT
Security professionals to make proper use of the tool in the current form.
Should you desire a more polished product, detailed user documentation or
should you need assistance in setting up a proper offline CA environment with
clca I suggest to get in touch with White Rabbit Security for the clca
Enterprise Edition.

Cheers

Martin