Hello

I want to use the following commands to get my ca files in a nicely fomated
pem-file:

  *
curl -k --connect-timeout 10 -s https://my_est_server/.well-known/est/cacerts
-o cacerts.p7
  *
openssl base64 -d -in cacerts.p7 | openssl pkcs7 -inform DER -outform PEM
-print_certs -out cacerts.pem

Now, when I use the testest server at https://testrfc7030.com:8443/ these
commands work and I get a nicely looking pem file.

When I use these commands with my own openxpki server, the second command does
not work. I get the error (on debian 12) "unable to load PKCS7 object".

One difference that I notice is that when I run the curl command against the
testrfc7030 server I already have a nicely formated looking file, like you
expect in a pem-file.
When I do the curl command against my own server, there is only one line in the
file, and when I open this file in vi I see the message "incomplete last line".
I have no idea what this means?

BTW, If I use "base64 -d cacerts.p7 | openssl pkcs7 -inform DER -outform PEM
-print_certs -out cacerts.pem" on my system, this works. So, there is obviously
a difference between "openssl base64" and "base64".

Much thanks in advance for your help.

Greetings,
Stefan.