On 09/07/2010 07:23 PM, Evgeniy Khramtsov wrote:
08.09.2010 02:43, Yann Leboulanger wrote:
On 09/07/2010 01:07 PM, Evgeniy Khramtsov wrote:
I think in the first we all should disable in-band registration on our
servers. I really think we need to block servers with in-band
registration enabled on jabber.ru :(
Regarding spam: in my case this is not actually spam, but flood. So
content filtration will not work in my case: bots can send "Hi" or
"Hello" or any meaningless messages to bypass such filters.

If a server software supports captcha at registration form, that would
also help a lot...

Do you think there are lots of clients supporting:
1) CAPTCHA
2) CAPTCHA in iq:register form?

Gajim does. And even if client don't support it, it's not hard to add a text with an URL to get the captcha in the form.

--
Yann