What servers currently support this? ejabbered doesn't: https://support.process-one.net/browse/EJAB-532

-Peter

On 2013-10-28 3:17 AM, Kevin Smith wrote:

On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 10:11 AM, Tomek Nagisa <kaw...@k2t.eu <mailto:kaw...@k2t.eu>> wrote:

    First my message on group, so hi everyone.

    And now I have question, do we have any XEP that allows server
    (and client) to know wherever message was received by client (and
    server) on closest node?

    Why do I need it, consider the following:

    1. Connection is dropped because client's router exploded, but
    client does not know about it (yet);

    2. Client (or server) send some messages;

    3. TCP-stack notices problem and drops faulty connection;

    I know, exploding routers are not very common these days, but
    connection drops does occur. And since there is a time window
    between point 1 and 3 - messages are lost and nobody knows about
    it. And this is serious problem in non-reliable networks.

    So I want to do something like this:

    * If message is sent

    * on next hop, receiving entity must acknowledge it's reception

    * if it does not do that it in (configurable) time, connection is
    dropped, and:

    ** if we are server, message will be left in offline queue and
    redelivered when client  reconnects (or delivered to another
    connected resource);

    ** if we are client, we can inform user about the problem or put
    message “on-hold” and try to redeliver it when connection will be
    reestablished;

    AMP would be nice for this but AMP works only on client->server
    and does not provide "delivery/always" (or something like that)
    condition.

XEP-0198 is exactly what you need.

/K