On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 7:28 PM, Olle E. Johansson <o...@edvina.net> wrote:

> On the topic of user-interfaces:
>
> - How does a a server that fails to setup a s2s session indicate the
> failure back to a client?
> - Does the protocol support an error message saying "certificate failure"
> or "TLS not available"?

I'm pretty sure this came up at the Summit, too.

I know the notion of a more specific error element inside the decidedly
vague correct one was mooted. Can't recall what the decision was, if any.

In any case, what happens is any pending stanzas are bounced back to the
user with a suitable stanza error, and the client can then show this
(typically in a chat window, for example).

Dave.