On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 9:16 AM, Matthias Wimmer <m...@tthias.eu> wrote:

> Hi Dave,
>
> El 2013-11-19 17:04:44, Dave Cridland escribió:
> > I dropped a mail to the Domicilium people who look after .im today asking
> > about DNSSEC, too.
>
> Probably it's what you meant. I just want to point this out again:
> for .im the problem is not to find a registrar, that supports DNSsec.
> The .im TLD itself is not protected by DNSsec and the registry itself
> does not support DNSsec (yet).

Yes. I've pointed out to them how important DNSSEC is for the XMPP
community, how the XMPP community has an obvious fondness for .im, and how
I'm sure we'd be willing to help in any way.

> From the view of someone, that uses DNSsec for some time, it is very
> annoying: for about half of the TLDs you're not able to add DNSsec aware
> delegations to the parent zone. No matter that the registrar you're
> working with would support it.

Yes, very true. It's going to be a matter of time and effort to get the
smaller, one-registry domains onto DNSSEC - I imagine it'll be a not
insignificant cost to them to achieve it.

Dave.