On 25 feb. 2014, at 10:55, damian.da...@openmailbox.org wrote:

> Hello XMPP operators!
>
> I have a question (proposal) about the IM Observatory website and the
> project's GitHub page (https://github.com/stpeter/xmppdotnet) suggest that
> this is the place to ask. If this is somehow incorrect I offer my apologies.
>
> Would it be possible to add a section/database column that shows if the
> selected XMPP server supports connecting via Tor as a hidden service (if it's
> a .onion XMPP server)?
>
> Sure, you could always go directly to the homepage of the server and check if
> they offer this but, to my knowledge, there is currently no resource that
> would document which XMPP servers run as hidden services and seeing how
> xmpp.net offers great security info about the XMPP services I thought this
> might be a reasonable thing to add.
>
> Thank you for your time and thanks for making the world a more secure place.
>
> Best,
> Damian H. Davis

Hello Damian,

I have implemented testing hidden services on xmpp.net today. It can now test
XMPP servers running as hidden services [1] and servers with hidden services
in its SRV records [2].

Thijs

[1] https://xmpp.net/result.php?domain=o2o62e3u5ezzac6u.onion&type=server
[2] https://xmpp.net/result.php?domain=jabber.calyxinstitute.org&type=client