Hi All,

(sorry for the repost, now it's quoted correctly. Stupid me!)

Am Dienstag, 2. April 2013, 10:04:09 schrieb Markus Blatt:
> On Tue, Apr 02, 2013 at 07:40:48AM +0000, Atgeirr Rasmussen wrote:
> > I think we have set up (but not activated) Flyspray on
> > opm-project.org<http://opm-project.org>. I am reluctant to start using
> > it, since I feel that github's issue system so far has been reasonably
> > usable.
> We are using flyspray for DUNE, but I have to say that I am not very
> fond of it. It does not seem to be actively developed any more and one
> always has to use the web interface.

I think they did a release not too long ago. (although DUNE is still on the
older version, if I'm not mistaken.) There's also an active flyspray instance
on opm-project.org: opm-project.org/flyspray

(it even sends mails to the mailing list if there is activity in some issue.)

But as Atgeirr already said, it was decided to use the github bug tracker
despite its problems. (To be fair, flyspray has some issues of its own, too.)

> With the issue tracker of github I can just answer by email. The only
> thing that is lacking is setting the In-Reply-To header such that my
> mail viewer can thread the messages. The biggest drawback of course is
> the lack of attaching files to bugs. I know that one can use gists for
> this, but that is very uncomfortable.

That's also my biggest complaint. (I got into the habit of uploading files to
my private website to mend this somewhat.)

> >  A drawback of using github issues is that they are associated with only a
> >  single repo (although it is easy to cross-reference).>
> > I would not mind having another system in addition, but there are
> > questions that should be answered, such as: what issues should go
> > where? How do we keep in sync?
>
> I think one point for tracking issues is preferable. Otherwise people
> tend to not know where to post a particulare bug/feature request. (At
> least that holds for myself).

I think so too. Some time ago, I've also changed the website for the modules
(i.e., http://opm-project.org/modules.php ) slightly to provide links to the
issue trackers. A single menu entry "Issues" would be better IMHO, but I don't
care too much...

cheers
  Andreas

--
Andreas Lauser
Department of Hydromechanics and Modelling of Hydrosystems