Dear all,
Yesterday I sent this email, because of the attachment, email is too big, so I
send it again.:)
I work on fully implicit polymer solvers for a long time, I think it’s time to
discuss with you about them. Last year, I visited SINTEF, meet with Atgeirr ,
Bård , Xavier
and other nice developers, with their help, the fully implicit polymer solver
make great progress.

Currently, Fully implicit polymer solvers just are two-phase which based on
opm-autodiff and opm-polymer. Because we want to start with incompressible flow,
so first at all,  I create an fully incompressible two-phase simulator, for
this simulator, I neglect all of the compressibility, but capillary and
gravity are included.
The main structure of the solver is similar with
opm-autodiff/FullyImplicitBlackoil.cpp, just copy and modify that file to
create the new solver. I notice that there are many
new features coming into both opm-core and opm-autodiff,  I hope I can follow
them,  but it needs time, for the current incompressible simulator, I just apply
the new well controls. I did a simple test, the result is almost the same with
Atgeirr’s. Later, I will make a pull request to open it, any comments are
appreciated.

For the fully implicit polymer simulator which  include both incompressible and
 compressible flow, has the following features:

1.       Adsorption

2.       Permeability reduction

3.       IPV

4.       Todd-Longstaff mixing

5.       Keyword “WPOLYMER”
The equations which we use are the same with ECLIPSE,  and also the parameters.
We did several tests, including 2D and 3D,more realistic test cases are going
on.
We found that our result  has a perfectly match with ECLIPSE. Beside the
current features, we are going to implement shear model, this needs some time.
If it is possible, I would like the fully implicit polymer  simulator be part
of the OPM next release, but there are some issue need to be discussed:

1.       Currently ,  all of our codes are put in opm-polymer, so this means
opm-polymer require opm-autodiff,  this could be a question, because I don’t
know

If this change can bring somethings bad to OPM.

2.       I know that new parser is coming, I need to catch up with them, but I
have not apply the new features to the polymer simulators,  if the polymer
solver

want to attend the next OPM release, a lot of work need to be done, I hope
someone else who familiar with that can help me, I will appreciated.

I am a new developer , there must be a lot of shortcomings, I am looking
forward to your comments.
Have a nice day!

Best Regards
Liu Ming

The information contained in this message may be CONFIDENTIAL and is intended
for the addressee only. Any unauthorised use, dissemination of the information
or copying of this message is prohibited. If you are not the addressee, please
notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete this message.Thank
you