Hida,

you forgot an important point:

On Wednesday 27 August 2014 10:03:06 robert.kloefk...@iris.no wrote:
> A + B) build an interface that allows for both grids (GridHelpers)
>   pros: - everybody is happy? (fair to Norwegian standards ;-))
>         - ....?
>   cons: - maintenance for two grid implementations instead of one plus
>           the maintenance for the interface implementation
>         - it is unlikely to come up with a better solution than the
>           DUNE interface in a short period of time (say a year)

- the GridHelpers approach always needs to implement a smallest denominator
API of CpGrid and UnstructuredGrid, so it would be 'worst-of-both-worlds'.

While I could live with both A or B (but I personally have a preference for
A), IMO it is much preferable to remove one implementation than trying to
somehow cater both (even if the one which gets removed ends up being the DUNE
grid)...

cheers
  Andreas

--
Any program which runs right is obsolete.