Hi Jean,

On Sunday, October 26, 2014 17:23:19 Jean Francois Leon wrote:
> Thanks for your input
> Yes we are speaking of 3 phases compositional model here
> I both read ewoms and dumux manuals and from that reading alone [ no first
> hand experience and no interaction with people using it until today..], it
> seemed to me that the compositional and non isothermal models were more
> advanced in ewoms than in dumux.
> Did I made a mistake?

Nope, you're right: Even if eWoms and Dumux emerged from the same code base,
technically they're now more like cousins than brothers. I think for your use
case it's possible to use both, because that was one of the initial
applications for which these codes were written. In the following, I can only
speak for eWoms, since I haven't done anything using Dumux for ages.

<marketing>
For eWoms there's not much of a problem implementing a three phase, four
component problem including an energy equation -- you can even switch between
the primary variable switching (PVS) and the non-linear complementarity
problem (NCP) based model by changing a single line of code. (in fact the same
applies if you want to enable molecular diffusion, if you want to try out
different linear solvers or preconditioners, or use a velocity model different
from Darcy's law like a Forchheimer approach.) In my experience, the MPI
parallelization also works quite smoothly and you can even use thread
parallelization based on OpenMP (thread parallelization is currently only
available for linearization but not the linear solvers, though.)
</marketing>

If you want to give eWoms a shot, I'll be happy to help out, but my
recommendation is that you use the eWoms and OPM master versions from git
because the last OPM release (which was also the latest eWoms release)
currently feels like it was done during the stone ages. Maybe we should
release soon?!

cheers
  Andreas

--
Any program which runs right is obsolete.