From: Joakim Hove <joakim.h...@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2018 6:50 AM
To: Ye Li; opm@opm-project.org
Subject: Re: [Opm] About json (jsonObject) class in the "opm-common" module.

◆ This message was sent from a non-UWYO address. Please exercise caution when
clicking links or opening attachments from external sources.

1, in the Class ParserKeyword,  a new data type "Json::JsonObject" was
introduced.   I don't understand what the purpose for this new data.  If we
just use Class ParserItem and Class ParserRecord, could the parse process be
done?

In principle you do not need the Json; the whole purpose of the Json thing is
to configure (compile time) the keywords which are recognized by the parser.
The keywords are configured using json files:
https://github.com/OPM/opm-common/tree/master/src/opm/parser/eclipse/share/keywords
 - the use of Json for this is an implementation detail, any other input
format, or just plain C++ code could in principle have been instead. I am one
of the main guilty behind that system, and personally I think it has worked
well. Others might disagree.
[https://avatars3.githubusercontent.com/u/1827197?s=400&v=4]<https://github.com/OPM/opm-common/tree/master/src/opm/parser/eclipse/share/keywords>

OPM/opm-common<https://github.com/OPM/opm-common/tree/master/src/opm/parser/eclipse/share/keywords>
github.com
Common components for OPM, in particular build system (cmake). - OPM/opm-common

> 2, is the json in "opm-common" the same as the JSON (Open-Standard File
> Format) ?

Yes