Hi all,

This question came up as I was debugging why in my NUC lab environment.  I was
not able to ping or SSH to VMs. Turns out there was an external network and
subnet that had been created by JOID as part of the install process (see
https://git.opnfv.org/cgit/joid/plain/ci/openstack.sh). Creating a second
external net/subnet as I do in my tests e.g. the smoke test
(https://git.opnfv.org/cgit/copper/plain/tests/adhoc/smoke01.sh), prevents ping
and SSH from working for some reason. So I had to change that script to find an
existing external net/subnet if any, first.

This brings up the question: like JOID, do all other OPNFV installers create an
external network as part of the install process?

If not, is there a recommended way for tests to determine what the parameters
(e.g. gateway, allocation pools) of an external net/subnet should be?

BTW, the smoke01 script I developed goes beyond vPing, with tests of external
network connectivity as well. Is that something we should add to vPing (I
didn't see it in vPing)?

Thanks,
Bryan Sullivan | AT&T