From: O Mahony, Billy [mailto:billy.o.mah...@intel.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2016 10:58 PM
To: Lee, Chunghan/李 忠翰; opnfv-tech-discuss@lists.opnfv.org
Subject: RE: [ovsnfv] Some questions

From: Lee, Chunghan [mailto:lee.chung...@jp.fujitsu.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2016 5:23 AM
To: O Mahony, Billy
<billy.o.mah...@intel.com<mailto:billy.o.mah...@intel.com>>;
opnfv-tech-discuss@lists.opnfv.org<mailto:opnfv-tech-discuss@lists.opnfv.org>

Hi Billy,

Thank you for e-mail.

> That file is yardstick/tests/opnfv/test_suites/opnfv_ericsson-pod1_daily.yaml.
I confirmed the yaml file. Thank you for the location.

> The term ‘scenario’ is used to define an OPNFV deployment. Usually something
> like  os-ha-nosdn-ovs would mean openstack in high availability mode with no
> SDN controller and the ‘ovs’ feature >(i.e DPDK enabled OVS) turned on.
> Scenarios are also per installer so it’s implied that the scenario is for
> Fuel or Apex or Joid etc eventhough that is not mentioned in the scenarios
> name.
>So CI is run against certain scenario’s (ie. not every single combination of
>every installer, mode, controller & feature is tested).
Thank you for the detail explanation.
Some unclear points are clear.
For example, the ovsnfv scenario for Colorado will be same per the installer
(Fuel or Apex)
although the implementation method for scenario is different per the installer.
My understanding is correct ?
[[BO'M]] Yes it’s the same scenario and shares (As far as I know) the same
scenario files. It’s up to the CI jobs to run the right scripts based on the
installer which interpret the scenario.yaml files  (for example Fuel as a
deploy.sh script that does this). Other installers will have similar scripts
but I’m not familiar with them as OVSNFV only dealt with Fuel for Rel. B.

> The job is a little complicated as it must run with neutron VLAN segmentation
> rather than the usual VxLAN tunneling.
Ok. I can understand it.
It means that the ovsnfv scenario for Colorado is based on VLAN segmentation.
Is it correct ??
[[BO'M]] Yes OVS-DPDK feature of Fuel9 only support VLAN so the scenario will
have to ensure that the CI pod is set up with VLAN.

Regards,
Chunghan Lee

Chunghan Lee
Cloud Network Project. Fujitsu Laboratories Ltd.
4-1-1 Kamikodanaka, Nakahara-ku,
Kawasaki-shi, Kanagawa 211-8588, Japan
That file is yardstick/tests/opnfv/test_suites/opnfv_ericsson-pod1_daily.yaml.

The term ‘scenario’ is used to define an OPNFV deployment. Usually something
like  os-ha-nosdn-ovs would mean openstack in high availability mode with no
SDN controller and the ‘ovs’ feature (i.e DPDK enabled OVS) turned on.
Scenarios are also per installer so it’s implied that the scenario is for Fuel
or Apex or Joid etc eventhough that is not mentioned in the scenarios name.

So CI is run against certain scenario’s (ie. not every single combination of
every installer, mode, controller & feature is tested).

I’m sure you’ve seen
https://build.opnfv.org/ci/
which details all the job, results etc.

We expect a CI job for OVSNFV scenario to land shortly. The job is a little
complicated as it must run with neutron VLAN segmentation rather than the usual
VxLAN tunneling.

Cheers,
Billy.