Hey All

Just as a question of JIRA -  this is/was a defined goal of Genesis, back when
the original PHAROS specification (which is basically support for the 5 basical
OStack networks (tagged/untagged), 3 Controller/2Compute Topology and
supporting either VLAN or VXLAN (so as to support ODL) as the underlay.

This was the compromise and provides the basis for the BareMetal PODs that are
out there today, demonstratably augemented further in Colorado as components
have shifted in line with both Openstack changes in Mitaka and other component
changes (Boron and Neutron IRPs for example).     At the Arno, port-B time,
this issue was visited again within the context of Genesis and we tried to come
to a common set of simple network naming amongst the installers (so that we
could have some common ‘installer framework’ established).   The current INFRA
discussion is key to this as well, since we are now taking about creating some
tech pieces to allow installer jumphosts to be imaged essentially and swapped
around – each of these requiring said baseline specification that is common
across installers.

How would we approach using JIRA to track this issue?  We can write up the
tickets and do comparison amongst the installers and then as well (we were
looking at a CR or some process for inclusion of adaptations of this
specification – which would then be propagated to community labs so as to “farm
out” for labs that could meet that spec.

Should the tickets be in Genesis or is INFRA/PHAROS now picking up the task of
communalizing the topologies – which would most likely also play into the
scenario naming discussion as well.?

What would you like to see in the contents of the JIRA?

Cheers,