From: Christopher Price [mailto:chrispric...@gmail.com]
Sent: Dienstag, 13. September 2016 13:19
To: Frank Brockners (fbrockne) <fbroc...@cisco.com>; David McBride
<dmcbr...@linuxfoundation.org>; opnfv-project-le...@lists.opnfv.org;
TECH-DISCUSS OPNFV <opnfv-tech-discuss@lists.opnfv.org>
Subject: Re: [opnfv-tech-discuss] [opnfv-project-leads] [release] D-release
schedule

Hi Frank,

I’m not sure the release date is realistic.
Given the way we use stable branch in our CI and release processes it has been
apparent that it takes around a week or more for the labels and artefacts to be
generated from stable.

I do think using a “window” for projects to progress to D release or not is
valuable.
I would suggest having the CI team provide guidance on the latest possible date
to branch to stable for any release.  (This depends on project adherence to CI
processes and the processes themselves.)

/ Chris

From:
<opnfv-tech-discuss-boun...@lists.opnfv.org<mailto:opnfv-tech-discuss-boun...@lists.opnfv.org>>
 on behalf of "Frank Brockners (fbrockne)"
<fbroc...@cisco.com<mailto:fbroc...@cisco.com>>
Date: Tuesday 13 September 2016 at 12:42
To: David McBride
<dmcbr...@linuxfoundation.org<mailto:dmcbr...@linuxfoundation.org>>,
opnfv-project-leads
<opnfv-project-le...@lists.opnfv.org<mailto:opnfv-project-le...@lists.opnfv.org>>,
 TECH-DISCUSS OPNFV
<opnfv-tech-discuss@lists.opnfv.org<mailto:opnfv-tech-discuss@lists.opnfv.org>>
schedule

David,

one thing that we’ve not closed on in the discussion last Tuesday is the
stable-branching milestone. Per what Morgan and I elaborated on: Branching
occurs a lot of unnecessary overhead for projects which have a single
development stream only. Hence I’d like to propose that

·       the branching milestones *prior* to the release should *only* be
applied to projects which do parallel development.

·       All other projects would branch on the release date – so that we have a
proper maintenance branch.

Thoughts?

Thanks, Frank