David,

As noted in the release call today, I'd like to help you find the right
solution toward visibility of test planning by projects, which meets the need
(which needs to be defined) in the lightest-weight way. I suggest that we start
a wiki page which defines the goals for the process changes you've proposed,
clarifying:

-          What are the issues that these process changes are intended to
address

o   Specific examples from Colorado would be helpful. I don't think any project
should be overly concerned about a retrospective discussion of perceived issues
and future solutions to them.

o   We should also point to examples of perceived best practices from Colorado.

-          What is the "ask" in response to those issues.

o   I heard today, the development of a test plan that projects would publish.

-          What are the solution alternatives to that ask, e.g.

o   Sections in project documents (vs a separate document), e.g. as shown in
10.1. Copper functional
tests<http://artifacts.opnfv.org/copper/docs/design/index.html#document-postinstall_link>
 (admittedly, brief... but a start)

o   wiki pages (as Jose pointed to, for
FuncTest<https://wiki.opnfv.org/display/functest/Functest+Colorado> - which
needs to be updated as I notice now...), or as I created for
Copper<https://wiki.opnfv.org/display/copper/testing>

o   creating a template for test planning clarity through JIRA

o   ...

-          What are the upstream best practices for this ask, that we might
adopt

-          What are the thoughts of the community on the issues and proposals

Further I suggest we make very sure that all projects/PTLs are aware of the
proposed changes and have a chance to weigh in ASAP in the process.

Thanks,
Bryan Sullivan | AT&T