I'm glad that we are pulling this discussion back to technical track.

Some additional comments about QTIP inline.

On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 7:09 AM Cooper, Trevor <trevor.coo...@intel.com>
wrote:

I am glad we will discuss this in the Test Working Group meeting tomorrow …
the testing projects have evolved quite a bit since the first plugfest. We
should evolve wherever possible to normalize and avoid duplication BUT also
give projects autonomy they deserve to decide their interests and drive
their objectives. This seems to be what is emerging?

Functional testing

VIM + NFVI -> Functest

MANO -> ?

Compliance -> Dovetail

Performance testing

NFVI (+ VNF) characterization -> Yardstick

Compute, memory, storage sub-system (platform) performance -> Qtip

This is the major application of QTIP. A synthesis evaluation of platform
performance by benchmarking test.

As a companion delivery, QTIP is also developing a platform for performance
benchmarking, including common utility modules, base templates and
benchmark result sharing (possibly on opnfv testresult site)

Data-plane performance (switching technology, virtual and physical
networks) -> VSPERF

Storage performance -> Storperf

Controller performance -> CPerf

Performance trend analysis -> Bottleneck

/Trevor