From: "liyin (F)" <liyi...@huawei.com>
To: "Tim Rozet" <tro...@redhat.com>
Cc: opnfv-tech-discuss@lists.opnfv.org
Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2017 3:56:58 AM
Subject: RE: [opnfv-tech-discuss] Apex bare metel deploy problem

Hi Tim,

I have confirmed that IPMI is indeed not connected from our jumphost to the
compute node.

I have searched for the reasons. Finally I find out that it is because our ipmi
switchboard is connected to external switchboard.

To solve this problem I have connected the jumphost with ipmi switchboard and
external  switchboard.

Then I use the iso of artifacts: opnfv-2016-12-21.iso to deploy apex.

the results and log are shown as attached: 1) Ipmi_nova_list.png; 2)
Ipmi_openstack_failure*.png (output of openstack stack failures list overcloud
--long); 3) apex_log.txt

The deployment of overcloud node still failed while the connection between
jumphost and compute node is success. For more information please refer to the
attachment.

For the reasons of the unsuccessful deployment, my guesses are:

1)Those nodes have errors in network configuration.

2)The network_settings.yaml have some errors

I wonder if my guesses are correct? Could you please provide me some solutions?

________________________________

Some information of the network configuration is provided as follows.

1.Attached my network configuration file: network_settings_normal.yaml

2. Jumphost informations could be found below

[cid:image003.jpg@01D26B62.8A3DF910]

NIC name

IP

switch

Have external net access

enp2s0f0

192.168.36.2

External switch

yes

enp2s0f1

10.10.10.2

External switch

no

The other nodes  network configuration

NIC name

IP

switch

Have external net access

enp2s0f0

no

External switch

*

enp2s0f1

no

External switch

*

The other nodes don’t have operation system, only two NICs connect to external
switch.

Both jumphost and nodes are connected with ipmi switch.

________________________________

There are some other issues during the deployment:

During the deployment of apex, I have no access from external network to
jumphost.

    After br-admin and br-external have bridged to NIC. I have access from
external network to jumphost.

    But when the log shown:

        Executing overcloud deployment, this should run for an extended period
without output.

I couldn't connect to jumphost with external network.

Thanks a lot,

And waiting for your reply.

Best Regards,

Ace.