From: "Ulrich Kleber" <ulrich.kle...@huawei.com>
To: "Randy Levensalor" <r.levensa...@cablelabs.com>, "Frank Brockners
(fbrockne)" <fbroc...@cisco.com>, "David McBride"
<dmcbr...@linuxfoundation.org>, "TECH-DISCUSS OPNFV"
<opnfv-tech-discuss@lists.opnfv.org>, opnfv-project-le...@lists.opnfv.org
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2017 8:00:09 AM
Subject: Re: [opnfv-tech-discuss] [release] E-release schedule

Hi,

what Randy explains would mean that we should move to a very strict concept of
maintenance releases.

That would mean we carry through our milestones properly to get the 1.0 release
out. After that we should only do bug fixing. Not a single feature.

If we do that, 2.0 and 3.0 will not take big efforts, but each provide better
stability. It shouldn’t even be a problem to do 4.0 if there are urgent fixes.

But we should be strict then: Every feature that misses the 1.0, has to wait
for the next major release.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,

Uli