From: opnfv-project-leads-boun...@lists.opnfv.org
[mailto:opnfv-project-leads-boun...@lists.opnfv.org] On Behalf Of David McBride
Sent: den 14 mars 2017 20:55
To: TECH-DISCUSS OPNFV <opnfv-tech-discuss@lists.opnfv.org>;
opnfv-project-leads <opnfv-project-le...@lists.opnfv.org>; Tapio Tallgren
<tapio.tallg...@nokia.com>; Raymond Paik <rp...@linuxfoundation.org>; Aric
Gardner <agard...@linuxfoundation.org>
Subject: [opnfv-project-leads] [release][danube] Intent-to-Release for Danube
scenarios

Scenario Owners,

I need to get an idea of which scenarios will be releasing with Danube 1.0,
2.0, and 3.0, respectively.  I've modified the scenario status
page<https://wiki.opnfv.org/display/SWREL/Danube+Scenario+Status> to add
columns for intent-to-release.  Please update the table to indicate your plans.
 In addition, I've also generated a scenario status table for Euphrates.  So,
if you believe that you will not be able to release your scenario with Danube,
you may move your scenario to the Euphrates scenario status
page<https://wiki.opnfv.org/display/SWREL/Euphrates+Scenario+Status>.

IMPORTANT NOTE!  PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!

  1.  Please be aware that you must support your scenario for each release
subsequent to when you first plan to release.

     *   For example, if you release in Danube 1.0, then you MUST also support
a release in 2.0 and 3.0.
     *   Similarly, if you first release your scenario in 2.0, then you must
support a release in 3.0.
     *   Why does this matter?  If your scenario becomes broken after your
initial release, you will need to fix it for each subsequent release.  Make
sure that you are planning for this possibility.
     *   We only support the most recent minor release of any major release.
This means that 2.0 replaces 1.0 and 3.0 replaces 2.0.
     *   Therefore, if you release your scenario in 1.0, and it is broken as we
approach 2.0, and you don't fix it, your work is effectively gone because 1.0
will no longer be available.

  1.  Installers MUST support ALL three releases, regardless of what your
dependent scenarios are doing.
Let me know if you have any questions.

David

--