From: David McBride [mailto:dmcbr...@linuxfoundation.org]
Sent: Tuesday, March 21, 2017 19:59 PM
To: Narinder Gupta; Fatih Degirmenci
Cc: TECH-DISCUSS OPNFV; Heather Kirksey; Tapio Tallgren; Morgan Richomme
(morgan.richo...@orange.com); Gaoliang (kubi); Jose Lausuch; Raymond Paik
Subject: [release][danube] K8 scenario testing on Joid

This is a follow-up to a conversation on IRC (opnfv-release) earlier today.

When asked about disabling Functest and Yardstick for the new K8 scenarios on
Joid, I agreed.  My reasoning was that I didn't want to delay release of new
and potentially interesting scenarios.  I also know that functest and yardstick
testing is not always applicable to every feature or configuration.  In
addition, I was aware that the K8 scenarios had project-specific testing.

My initial thought was that the disabled tests would be documented in the
release notes and that the project would be required to contribute tests to
functest and yardstick for the following release.

Subsequently, after some discussion, I realized that I had made a mistake and
that this is something that the test working group should weigh in on, at a
minimum.

Therefore, please disregard my earlier direction about disabling the tests.
The tests are still required for all scenarios until the test working group
and/or the TSC indicate otherwise.

Let me know if you have any questions. Sorry for the confusion.

David

--
David McBride
Release Manager, OPNFV